24 Mayıs 2020 Pazar

Meet Kahoot and Pixton

Hi everyone, I am present with another useful application suggestion for my colleagues: Kahoot. Kahoot is an application we used to use so much when I was in the high school. By using Kahoot your lessons can become quite interesting for your students. To join Kahoot students need to downloas the app on their smartphone and then enter the code teacher gives to them. Students pick a nickname before entering the competetition so they can be unknown if they wish which makes the app more prefferable for each type of student. After they join the Kahoot you created, you start the Kahoot and questions show up on your screen; students answers the questions by touching the buttons on their smartphone screen. At the end of the Kahoot you can see the winner. So, creating a Kahoot is also no complex at all, first you sign up the website and then you click the "create Kahoot" option.
 And then you are supposed to entitle your Kahoot and writing questions and answer. You can choose true/false questions as well.
Here is an example of the Kahoot I made:
https://create.kahoot.it/share/learning-the-capitals-of-the-world/94cade3a-9887-488a-b21f-4da0801ac7b4
So let's talk about Pixton now.
Pixton is agreat platform that you can create your own comics. You choose a setting, charachters, dialogues and avatars. Then you can create material for educational purposes.
Thats me lol. You can make your own avatar and add your students' avatars as a classroom photo. 
You can add speech bubbles, your students can also create comics by joining the group you create by entering the class code you give to them. You can give assignments to students on different topics and ask them to create a comic about it on the group as a example of use of it in the classroom.
I hope you find it helpful, have a nice day.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Not: Yalnızca bu blogun üyesi yorum gönderebilir.

Hello Again, and Drama Activities

 Hello to everyone from lockdown :(! There has been a looong while since I uploaded anything to this blog as I was extremely demotivated due...